Why Go to Court
WELCOME TO CONTRACTS WITH MUSCLE
A High Quality Contract for Only $39.95. This contract was written by one of Oregon's foremost construction attorneys. Years of actual contract litigation and the experiences of thousands of contractors are reflected in this form contract, which we believe will provide protections against many of the typical “legal land mines” found in construction. Here are some of the ways this form proposal will protect you:
- We protect your wallet. You could spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars in a lawyer's office and still not get the protections of this $39.95 form contract!
- The homeowner is bound to the terms of the contract even if they didn't sign it.
- If the homeowner wants to change the contract terms or the work, they'll need you to authorize it.
- Under the delay and completion terms, there is no penalty if your schedule falls apart.
- The contract states definite standards which will resolve workmanship disputes with a tape measure, not a lawyer.
- You're not required to do any more work if the homeowner fails to make a payment or refuses to sign a change order.
- You're protected even if you do additional work without a written change order.
- If you are doing a remodel job, special remodeling terms are included.
- The dispute resolution terms guarantee to help keep you out of court, and discourage homeowners from making frivolous claims.
- The contract, and the notices which come with it, meet all Construction Contractors Board legal requirements.
What you get with THE CONTRACT WITH MUSCLE PACKET:
- The Contract with Muscle is filled out for you with all of your company information.Your client's information is also inserted into the contract. The Contract is ready to be dated and signed!
- All of the required Notices that must be given with a construction contract are also in this packet. The Notices are also filled out with your information and your clients. They are ready to be dated and signed. The Notices print right after the Contract so you have it all together. Also included in this packet are:
- Change Orders. You probably know already that the majority of residential construction disputes arise from changes in the work and (of course) the price, which are later disputed by the homeowner. What better way to get paid than to have the owner's signature on a change order? Our form will protect you by handling changes for either a firm price or an estimate. And what if a change causes additional expense for delays or rescheduling? You're covered.
- Home Solicitation Sale Notice. The CCB statutes don't require one additional notice which we strongly recommend, the Home Solicitation Sale Notice. This notice is not in the construction statutes, but it affects any contractor who doesn't have a formal office open to the public. If you don’t give this notice in the proper form, a homeowner can cancel the job at any time, keep your work, and receive a full refund from you. The Home Solicitation Sale Notice will save you thousands!
The Home Solicitation Sale Notice and the Change Order form are tailored to your job,and your specific job information will be inserted automatically.
Professional-Looking Printed Documents In Minutes. No more messy hand-written forms. All you have to do is fill in the blanks with your job information, place your order,all right here on line! You will be able to print out your contract in minutes. It will look something like this:
Up-To-Date Notices. When you print out your contract, you will also receive prints of those notices required by the Construction Contractors Board at no additional charge.
How Do I Get Started? Nothing could be easier…
- Click on the create an account link, and supply the information about yourself and your company. All of this information is stored for you so it can be automatically inserted into your proposal form. You just need to type it once.
- After your account is created, you log in. The system will take you to your Contract with Muscle home page. At the top of the page will be your information (which you can update). Below that are the links to create new contracts, and below that are your contracts that are ready for printing.
- Clicking on one of the links to create new contracts will take you to a page where you provide your clients information and the information for that job (price, payment terms, description of work to be done…). Once you have provided all the information, you click on the buy it now button. That button will take you to PayPal to pay for the contract. After that you’ll automatically be sent back to your home page and the recently purchased contract will appear in your list of contracts that are ready for print. Click on that contract and print it.
What are you waiting for? Let's begin: Create account