How to become a licensed Oregon Construction Contractor.
The Steps for Residents of Oregon are:
- Purchase and pass a Oregon Construction Contrators Board(CCB) approved 16 hour Contractor Class.
3SC provides this service in a Home Study Class. Click here to order.
- Study for and Pass the State Test.
(Contact the State Testing Center and schedule a test. Call 1-800-733-9267 or got to Prometric's site. The Test will cost $60.00 each time you take it. Remember that this is a real test, so be sure to study and review while you are waiting to take it. This test is real!)
- Decide what type or types of license endorsements you need.
(Our expert John Marshall can help you decide on the right one for you)
- Purchase Contractor Insurance.
(Our expert John Marshall can help you get Insurance)
- Purchase a Contractor Bond (s) (CCB surety bond). You will need a bond for Residential and Commercial work if you do both.
(Our expert John Marshall can help you get the bond)
- Complete the Oregon Construction Contractor's CCB application. Click here to download it.
(If you need help, click here and email us your question or call 3SC)
- Turn in all of your paper work and pay the application fee to the Oregon Construction Contrators Board(CCB).
The following things need to be turned in to the CCB:
- Your completed and signed Oregon Contractor Licensing Application
- Proof of your RMI passing the State test.
- Proof of Contractor Insurance
- Original Contractor Bonding (CCB Surety Bond)
- A check, money order, or credit card to cover the licensing fee.
The licensing fee is $325.00 for a 2-year license. To get the CCB's hours and/or location click on the following link: CCB If you mail in your paperwork, it can take up to 3 weeks for them to process it. 3SC Company can deliver your paperwork to the CCB for you and get you licensed that day.